5.06.2010

{ lemon sugar hand scrub }

It's teacher appreciation week, and I don't know about you, but I really appreciate my son's teachers! So while trying to come up with something meaningful, cheap and {of course} cute, I decided to stop racking my brain and turn to the blogosphere.

I came across a delightful blog called Under The Table and Dreaming. And she had posted a fabulous tutorial on how to make your own
Perfect.

I ran to Walmart and grabbed a glass bottle {in the kitchen isle} for a little over a dollar, and came home ready to concoct this new dreamy recipe.

I followed Stephanie's directions, but she called for olive oil, and it just overpowered anything else I put in it. So I turned to my good old canola oil. The original recipe is found here, but I decided to 'tweak' it a bit.

This almost filled my 10 oz. jar. Feel free to 'tweak' this version too. I haven't tried, but if you omit the lemon juice, you could probably use any flavor of essential oil you have. This would make a great mother's day gift as well!


And for all of my readers who have amazing mothers and teachers, here are my labels if you don't want to make your own. Super easy!
It's because I care...
;)

{front label}
I just used packing tape to secure it to the front.



















{lid labels}

And for the teachers, here is a blank one:

Type or write your teacher's name, then glue or modge podge to the top, or even cut out the lemon and tape it onto the inside of the lid, if you have one of these kind from Walmart:

Tie a cute spoon with ribbon or jute and voila! Cute and thoughtful gift!
{although, Stephanie's spoon is infinitely cuter}
xoxo
jordan

6 post a comment :

Sarah Larsen said...

Oh Jordan- I love you. This was the best idea ever, and the cutest labels!

Kayli Sue said...

Oh that is such a cute idea! I used to work at bath and body works and the sugar scrubs were my favorite product to recommend to customers. This may be a dumb question but where do you buy essential oils?

Emmy said...

Very nice! What a great idea and your jars are so so cute!

triciathomas said...

What a great idea! I found you on MMB and love your blog! I am your newest follower! You can check me out at

http://tricias-take.blogspot.com/

Brandy said...

I just googled "Lemon Sugar Scrub Tags" and found your blog! I too, made this recipe, for gifts (Christmas) and was looking for a cute label before making my own. Yours are PERFECT. Thanks a bunch!!

Feel free to stop by my craft blog:
www.brandyscrafts.blogspot.com

Love & Sugar Kisses said...

I was looking for a label for the sugar scrub that I made from Under the Table & Dreaming and found YOU! My experience w/ the olive oil was exactly the same & I also ended up using canola oil!
Love your blog! Thanks :)

Post a Comment

Post a Comment