5.28.2013

oatmeal + flaxseed breakfast cookies


Okay. Let me just preface, these don't have to be just for breakfast.  But I consider anything with 'oatmeal' in the title as Breakfast Legit. ;)

I was experimenting with flaxseed.  I'm a Flaxseed Newbie.  My sis-in-law gave me a bag of this pre-ground foreign-to-me substance and I was determined to make something with it.  Thanks to old cookbooks, I found a recipe.  But I have the tastebuds of a five-year-old, so I tweaked it.  Man.  if only breakfast could taste like this every day...

OATMEAL + FLAXSEED BREAKFAST COOKIES

Preheat oven to 350° + grease cookie sheets, or line them with parchment paper.  In a large bowl, cream together:
1/2 C butter or margarine
1 C white sugar
1/2 C brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 large egg
Then add:
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 C flour
Fold in:
1/2 cup milled flaxseed
1 C oats
+ optional:
1/4 C coconut
1/2 C almonds
and/or 1 C raisins 
Roll into balls + place onto cookie sheets.  Bake for 10-12 minutes. Place on wire rack + cool completely.  Eat with vigor.  Makes approx. 2 dozen.

As you can see, I didn't add any coconut, almonds or raisins in my cookies.  Again. Food pickiness of a five-year-old.  But they're so good just like that!

Hope you all have a fantastic week! --xoxo

// linking up to whipperberry //

3 post a comment :

Mabey She Made It said...

Cookies for breakfast? I'm in!

Unknown said...

These look great! I really loved your photography for this project, great presentation. We would love to have you link this or any of your posts to our Saturday Show Us How You Rock Link Party. It starts Fridays at 6pm and ends the following Thursday at 10pm, hope to see you there!

Tracy
http://www.madefrompinterest.net/

Cupcake Girl 1614 said...

This recipe is amazing. I made half the batch with no raisins and then added raisins to the other half. Delicious with a cup of Avocado pudding for breakfast!

Post a Comment

Post a Comment