10.07.2010

{ a pbs kids life }

Do you ever get an unusual feeling of frustration when you find out you are going to see the same people again tomorrow, because you think "Bummer. Now I can't wear the same outfit two days in a row"? Or is it just me?

When someone still owns clothes from high school, it becomes a little difficult to find an ensemble that is cute and trendy. So when I magically find a combination that does work, I want to wear it every. single. day.

Have you ever noticed that all the cartoon characters wear the same thing every day? How much easier would life be if we all could do the same? To have a signature look that is all our own? We could come up with some glorious apparel concoction and buy in bulk. We would never, ever have to worry about what to wear ever again. {Of course I would need to buy different sizes, to make sure I would have an outfit to wear EVERY day of the month. You know, to compensate for any bloating or over eating that may occur. *wink, wink*}



Unfortunately, it would get VERY boring VERY fast. *sad face*

Yet I dream in my most deepest of dreamy dreams of having one less thing to worry about. {Anyone else considered owning a wig? Or five?}

Sometimes I wish my life was like a Public Broadcasting Station cartoon. A life that has:
a moral of the day,
a four year old that can grasp mature grown-up concepts and words,
a monkey that can do my grocery shopping,
a cat in a striped hat that can entertain my kids until dinner,
a train that can go back in time,
a choreographed song that my friends and I sing and dance to every time we meet,
get answers to the questions that bog my mind down in the morning that very day in school {or in a magical book}
have the power to change my story with a magic writer,
or simply combine the words k-e-y and build the word 'key' when I have lost mine.
And who wouldn't LOVE to live on Sesame Street? {For some odd reason the theme song to "Cheers" is now running through my brain. "...where everybody knows your name..."}

So thanks to pbs kids, I am now acutely aware of the lack of the above mentioned coveted necessities in my life.
BUT,
I have also come to learn something magical from watching them all these years:

I can indeed pick my own letter and number of the day.
And I already have a monkey who helps with my grocery shopping.
;)



What would you wish for if you could have a pbs kids life?

-------------------------------------------------------------
Today's post was brought to you by the letter L and the number 14
-------------------------------------------------------------

xoxo
jordan

all images from pbskids.org

3 post a comment :

Sunny said...

I would wish to be able to make dinner by simply building a word. And I would like to live in a world where my super big problems are things like not being able to do a good twirl or what to do if someone wants me to wear a bucket on my head and I don't want to. :)

Cheeseboy said...

Post of the week, right here! Made me laugh more than anything I read all week. Cartoons do need to wash their clothes once in a while, right?

Jenny @ Sugar and Sparrows said...

all I can say is AMEN!

Post a Comment

Post a Comment