1.17.2014

book review // candy + the cankersaur


Awhile ago, I was approached by Jason Sandberg to review one of his e-books for children.  I'm a sucker for children's books, so I immediately said yes!

Jason is a fine artist who wants to produce books that he would have loved to read as a kid.  And what kid doesn't love dinosaurs????

His book, Candy and the Cankersaur is an homage to Syd Hoff (whom I ADORE) and is a picture book about a girl who receives a dinosaur as a gift and her determination to train him to be a good pet, but there's a jealous neighbor boy who stirs things up.  It's a fun book for dinosaur lovers, and is also great for trips, since it's an e-book.

My kids LOVED the colorful pictures, and it provided a great opportunity to teach my children a valuable life-lesson: people are more important than things.  And I loved that it showed the boy feeling sorry and fixing is mistakes.  That's something I try to teach my kids, and this book provided the perfect visual example for them.  We need to do more than just say sorry.  We need to right the wrong.

You can check out his book and the many ways to get a copy for yourself by going to his website jasonsandberg.com.

Hope you all have a great weekend! -xoxo

Thank you Jason, for letting me review this book, and for giving me a chance to teach my kids something that's very important to me. :) 

Disclaimer: I was not paid to write this review. I was given a copy of Candy and the Cankersaur for free, in return for writing my honest opinion.  All opinions are my own.


0 post a comment :

Post a Comment

Post a Comment