12.23.2009

{ a christmas laugh }

So what do you get when you add crazy Holiday Season with a dash of out-of-town visitors? Me forgetting to plug Camryn's hilarious post from Monday. And you know, until I read it, I never thought about what would happen if any of the reindeer get sick {aside from the retarded people who make movies about puppies pulling the sleigh- enough 'Buddies' movies already!}. Are there back up replacements? Second Strings? Understudies?

Why, yes.
Yes there are.

Slide on over to MMU to check out Camryn's clever post about Santa's Second String. You will be laughing- I promise. Because it's full of stuff like this:

These wonderful pictures are of the back-up reindeer. Ya know, just in case . . .

And if you want another dose of awesome laughter, please check out another one of her stories here. Please, please, please read to the end. I may have peed a little when I saw the last picture. The one of the cleverly decorated Gingerbread MAN. It's perfect for adding a wonderful holiday chuckle as Christmas nears {WAY too quickly, I might add}.

***

Christmas parties at our Church are always fun. The kids get to sit on Santa's lap and then create some awesome {but end up in the trash a few days later} Christmas Crafts. Santa always has a little something for the dear kiddos. Here is this year's 'gift':
Yes. Organic Chocolate from Trader Joe's. Mmmm....

{insert sarcasm here}

If you're gonna eat chocolate this time of the year, please make sure it is REAL. Swiss, preferably.

But I would like to direct your attention to a few things that adorn this fun and clever cardboard box. First we have Jolly Old Saint Nick.
Who happens to be hungry. It isn't easy keeping a figure like that.

So what do his Infamous Helpers rush over to him?
That's right. TOFU. Because that's what ANY jolly person would want to eat. I don't know about you, but if I was forced to eat tofu, I would not be chuckling ho, ho, that's for sure.

But my favorite part of this box is on the back. In the ingredients section. I laughed.
*sigh*

Good thing my kids think it's nasty.

'Cuz it is.

Moral Of My Random Story:

Please enjoy good food this year. Throw those diets out the window. Enjoy real chocolate, real mashed potatoes with gravy, real cookies, real cakes {please skip the fruit cake}, real eggnog, real whipped cream {of the heavy persuasion}, real cheese balls, real fudge, real candy canes, etc. Christmas only comes once a year, and it's high time we enjoy it right. I will be celebrating with my Cream Cheese Danish and Grandma B.'s homemade rolls. With butter.

I hope you all have the Merriest of Christmases! Remember to relax! Go to Pandora.com and listen to a plethora of fun Christmas songs right off your computer. Just try not to blow those speakers as you blast Jingle Bell Rock throughout the house. ;-)

-----------------
Merry Christmas!
-----------------

3 post a comment :

MoonNStarMommy said...

YAY!!! Funny happy stories and real food!!!!! That's why I'm not taking my blood sugar for a few days! I just don't want to know! LOL

mintifresh said...

I have it on good authority that Santa has never nor will he ever eat tofu! That is hilarious!

Jeni G said...

I love it! And we did endulge in all the real food set at our holiday tables.

Post a Comment

Post a Comment