4.08.2010

{ comfort zone }

Imagine, if you will, a small classroom inside a church building. Right across from that classroom are these two signs:
My daughter, who is 3, needed to use the restroom during a lesson one Sunday, in the room across from the a fore-mentioned signs. Her teacher, who is a good friend of mine, was teaching a class of approx. 5 children all under the age of 4.

One cannot simply abandon 4 other small children for the immediate needs of one.

My friend, decided that she would get the other kids occupied and then take my daughter to the restroom.

She was unable to put this plan into effect.

She turned around only to find my daughter had already exited the room.

Sweet.

I cannot imagine the immediate panic that would strike a teacher, as the thought of a three year old escapee was running around the church building doing who knows what who knows where, with the cry of freedom racing through their wee little noggin.

She checked the ladies room.

Nope.

There was another room. A room that no woman has seen, where signs like no girls allowed are hung on the front door, and girls stink, or girls have cooties are etched into bathroom stalls.

Okay, I'm making that up. I don't really know if that's true - I've never seen the inside of a male sanctuary before.

As fate would have it, my friend's husband happened to walk by.

"Go see if Em is in there."
"In where?"
"THERE."
"Ohhh..."

So her husband enters the place were estrogen is banned, and words like "Where's your underwear?", and "Is this your underwear?" {which I might note, I don't think that princess underwear would belong to any one else in there who was currently using the facilities}, and "Put them on", and "Put your dress down", and "No, put your dress down," could be heard in the hallway.

As he guided her out the door and into the correct restroom, my friend noticed he was stifling laughter. Upon asking why he was laughing, he said "She was straddling the urinal like a mini toilet."

I don't know how she managed to get up there, but apparently she thought the 'toilet' was just her size.

At least she didn't try eating the 'mints' that usually accompany urinals.

Not that I would know what they are . . .

*

On another side note, I just can't contain my excitement {and nervousness} at the thought that I am now a Mormon Mommy Blog contributor! Crazy! It'll be fun and scary all in the same moment. I'll be posting about DIY projects, and even though I love to do them, I'm still super nervous about sharing them with The World. I wish I had the confidence of Em, having no comfort zone and being able to go anywhere. {Pun intended}

So wish me luck! I'm thinking that a tutorial for book wreaths will be my first post. I'll let all y'all know about it when it goes 'live'. ;)

Here's hoping that you all have a wonderful weekend- I've got family again in town, so it gets a little crazy around here, but I love it and wouldn't have it any other way. I feel so blessed that Mr. Smith's brothers married some gals that ended up being my best friends. How often does that happen??

-------------
Be Good . . .
-------------

xoxo
jordan

*original images found via google.

8 post a comment :

DustyLu said...

That is so funny! I can't believe it! How did she get up there! Congrats on you Mormon Mommy Blog contributor. Can't wait to see your book wreath! ~Lulu

Jesmyluk said...

I seriously Laughed Out Loud at the image of her straddling the urinal, that my kids came in asked me what was so funny? Since there is no way they would understand why this struck me as funny, I just sighed & said never mind.

I believe I heard the phrase "Mom is so weird!' exit the mouth of my 6 yr old daughter. So thanks for the chuckle!

And congrats on becoming an MMB contributor! You'll be awesome at it!

Emmy said...

That is too too funny! But hey, there is just a nice little line of toilets for her. I remember being at the church with my mom for a meeting during the week once and peaking in the boys bathroom to see what it looked like :)

Congrats on the MMB contributor.

Kayli Sue said...

Holy cow I can't wait for stuff like that to happen with my kid. It definitely keeps life entertaining!

Anonymous said...

I seriously Laughed Out Loud! That is AWESOME!!

Too bad your friend didn't think to pull out his nifty little camera phone (what, I totally don't bring mine to church ;)) and commemmorate that moment for you! Honestly, I think I would try to have her do it again just so I could get a picture, but I'm INSANE like that!

Congrats on your MMB contributions!!

Aunt Suzi Quilts said...

This is the funniest posts ever! Thanks for sharing.

Katy B. said...

Okay, I hope you don't mind, but I'm a contributor too and I read your book wreath thingy and I LOVED it!:):):)

So of course, I had to come over to your blog to check you out and again, I LOVE your blog! You have such a great writing style.

So please don't be nervous! I have a feeling that once your post is put on the MMB website, everyone is going to love it as much as I do.:)

Mummylicious said...

if you can make a complete stranger laugh. i dont know how your friends survive through that post!

Post a Comment

Post a Comment